|Posted by Joshua Shaffer on July 23, 2015 at 2:30 AM|
FUN FACT: Princess Aurora, from Sleeping Beauty (1959), has fewer lines of dialogue than any other main character in the other Disney movies.
She has a total of 28 lines. All of the speaking she does, she does as Briar Rose. Once she finds out she is Aurora, she doesn’t speak again.
Here are all of her lines;
1. Well, and what are you three dears up to?
3. But I picked berries yesterday.
(Briar Rose sings the song “I wonder”
5. Oh dear, why do they still treat me like a child.
6. Why, Flora and Fauna and Merryweather. They never want me to meet anyone. But you know something? I fooled 'em. I have met someone!
7. Oh, a prince. Well, he's tall and handsome and ... and so romantic. Oh we walked together, and talked together, and just before we say goodbye, he takes me in his arms, and then ... I wake up.
8. Yes, it's only in my dreams. But they say if you dream a thing more than once, It's sure to come true. And I've seen him so many times!
9. Oh, why, it's my dream prince!
10. Your highness! No, I'm really not supposed to speak to strangers. But we've met before!
(Briar Rose sings “Once Upon A Dream” and dances with the woodland animals)
11. Oh? Oh!
12. Oh it wasn't that. It's just that you're a, a ...
14. We, we have?
15. Hmm? Oh, my name. Why, it's, it's ... Oh no, no, I can't, I ... Goodbye!
16. Oh never, never!
17. Well, maybe someday.
18. Oh no, this evening.
19. At the cottage, in the glen.
20. Flora, Fauna, Merryweather! Where is everybody? Oh!
21. Oh you darlings, this is the happiest day of my life. Everything's so wonderful, just wait till you meet him.
22. Oh he's not a stranger, we've met before.
23. Once upon a dream!
24. Why? After all, I am sixteen.
26. But that's impossible! How could I marry a prince, I'd have to be ...
27. But, but I can't! He's coming here tonight, I promised to meet him.
28. Oh, no, no! I can't believe it. No, no!